Thursday 10 December 2015

Blogmas Day 10: Christmas Cookies





Two weeks today it will be Christmas Eve.....how scary! This year has flown by so quickly, I've had such good memories in 2015 but i am so excited for whats to come in 2016!! Anyways today I have decided to make some Christmas cookies, the inspiration for this idea came from the Christmas cookie cutters I bought from Sainsburys, they are super cute and i just knew I had to make some festive treats with them! I made the cookies from scratch with just a simple plain cookie recipe I found on the BBC Good Food website. I am not a good cake/cookie decorator at all, it isn't one of my forte's haha but I thought I would give it a go. Baking and cutting the cookies was the easy part, it didn't take long at all and they are so delicious. 
The cutter's that I bought from Sainsburys were only £4 and you get 3 different sizes in each pack. 


The cookies baked for about 10 mins and then I left them to cool.



Once the cookies had cooled I then made my icing, I just used icing sugar and then added food colouring for the colours I wanted. This was such a fun & cute activity to do and didn't take long what so ever and, best of all, didn't make too much mess. I would really recommend baking over the Christmas period, it puts you in a great mood & taste's yummy!! What is your favourite thing to bake?






SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments! They mean loads to me and I love to hear your responses and feedback!

© Amelia Charlotte. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig